Writing an argumentative essay can be a long process but in the end, it is worth it. That is why it is important to know how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay. With a good argumentative essay, you can make a good point and leave a positive impact on your audience.
The end of this essay is the last chance you can get the reader to pay attention to your essay so you better write a good conclusion. A simple task that is often skipped by many students is writing a conclusion. A conclusion can be easy if we follow our thesis statement and make it clear to the reader.
This blog will help any student about how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay. When writing an argumentative essay, you will want to make sure that you write a good ending sentence. This conclusion sentence will be the last thing your reader reads before they finish your essay.
This is a good chance for you to leave a lasting impression. A convincing conclusion won’t only convince your readers but it will also help to engage them in your argument. This blog will look at how you can write a convincing conclusion for an argument essay.
Also read: How to study for exams
What is an Argumentative Essay?
An argumentative essay is a type of essay where an author tries to convince the reader about his viewpoint. It is an essential part of the communication process as it helps to make a point clear. It is a type of writing where a writer should have a well-thought-out opinion about the subject, and he should have a solid reason for his opinion. When composing such a paper, the writer should use facts and statistics, as well as quotes from authoritative sources. The paper has a structure and a well-organized presentation.
Why It Is Important To Write a Good Argumentative Essay Conclusion
Before we jump straight into the main part about “how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay”, it is important to know why writing good conclusion is important. If you are writing an argumentative essay, you need a good conclusion. Your conclusion will make or break the argument you have presented in the essay.
You need to wrap up the essay and make it easier for the reader to understand what you have said and what you have concluded. An argumentative essay is a written piece that presents a point of view and provides reasons for that point of view.
This part should also provide evidence to support the point of view. In your essay, you need to first introduce the topic, then you need to present the point of view, and finally, you need to present some evidence to support the point of view. You need to conclude the essay by summing up the evidence you have presented and the points of view you have given.
When you are writing the conclusion, you need to make sure you are not repeating what you have said in the introduction. You need to come to a conclusion that provides the reader with some final thoughts on the topic.
Also read: Some effective exam tips
How To Write a Conclusion For An Argumentative Essay
Return to your thesis.
To begin your argumentative essay conclusion, signal that the essay is coming to an end by going back to your overall discussion. Avoid repeating your thesis statement—rather, try to restate your argument to show how it has been produced since the introduction.
Review your major points.
Next, you need to remind the reader about the major points that you utilized to support your statement. Avoid simply rewording each paragraph or duplicating each point in order. Try to convey your points together to make the connections between them clear. The conclusion is your last chance to show how your argumentative essay’s paragraphs add up to a readable whole.
Tell them why it matters.
To end your conclusion, show a more comprehensive view of the topic and evaluate the importance of your argument. For instance:
- Does it help you gain a better knowledge of your subject?
- Is it posing any research questions?
- Is it possible to provide suggestions or make predictions based on them?
- Can it be used in a variety of situations?
- Is it possible to tie it to a larger argument or theme?
Whatever your essay is about, the conclusion should highlight the importance of your statement, whether within your academic subject or in the broader world. Try to finish with a powerful, assertive sentence, leaving the reader with a lingering sense of curiosity about your topic.
How To End Your Argumentative Essay Conclusion
The conclusion is the last paragraph of your essay in which you summarize your argument. It wraps up your essay in a way that leaves your reader with a lasting impact. When writing a conclusion for an argumentative essay, keep in mind how you are going to end it. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Close the conclusion by connecting the last section to the first. You can also repeat words or expressions used in the essay.
- The summary of your topic includes what you explain in your statement of the thesis. It gives the reader the idea that you have included the concepts completely that you want to add.
- Don’t restate your thesis statement.
- Avoid including new ideas in your conclusion.
- The supporting sentences should include in the summary, which you already explained in the body of the essay.
- If an excellent idea tries to be put into the final passage, then you must take it from the body passage of the essay.
- Each essay’s body paragraph matter must be summarized in the conclusion.
- Conclude the main points only.
- The language should be straightforward and easy, in conclusion.
- Finish up with a sentence that is compound or parallel in structure; such sentences can build up a feeling of equalization or request that may feel ideally toward the finish of an unpredictable exchange.
Things To Avoid While Writing Argumentative Essay Conclusion
There are several things you need to avoid while writing conclusion for your argumentative essay. Below, we have mentioned some of the important things you need to avoid.
- 1: Don’t summarize it.
- 2: AVOID repeating your thesis or introduction material verbatim.
- 3: Stop bringing up minor points.
- 4: Make sure you don’t add new information.
- 5: AVOID selling yourself short.
- 6: AVOID the phrases “in summary” and “in conclusion.”
Writing a conclusion for an argumentative essay is a lot like writing any other conclusion for any other type of paper, with a few exceptions. It is important to remember that you are presenting a final summary of how you feel about the issue that you’re dealing with, which is why it is vital to include all of the important information that you’ve already discussed.
When writing an argumentative essay conclusion, you will want to be sure to include the main points of your argument and to reiterate any important information that you’ve already presented.
This blog is all about how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay. We hope you have found this blog helpful and have been able to learn how to write a conclusion for a persuasive paper. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns about this blog, please contact us at ___. We’re always happy to help!