The General and Academic Training Reading tests are usually graded to the same level.
However, the texts mentioned in the Academic Reading Test can be more challenging as compared to those mentioned in the General Training Test.
Helpful Tips for IELTS Reading Test
– Practise reading different kinds of texts in English to develop the habit of reading quickly.
– Ensure your spellings are always correct, especially when you are copying from the passage.
– Since you do not have to apply your own knowledge to answer the questions, all answers will be there in the passage itself. Read carefully to not miss them.
– It is a good practice to mark important words as you read along. For instance, if there are important dates, mark them! It becomes easier to spot them if a question is asked around the same.
- Before you answer any question, read each question properly to make it easier to find answers later. If you can, mark possible answers while you read.
– If you are attempting IELTS on paper, write your answers down on the answer sheet. You will not get any extra time later on to transfer any of your answers.
To be better prepared, you can also download the range of other important official IDP Education IELTS preparation tools that we have available for you.